Have you ever had vegan mayo? Trust me when I tell you that it tastes just the same as its dairy counterpart. I was truly shocked that I could not tell the difference. With this easy vegan ranch dressing recipe, vegan mayo is the main ingredient. I prefer Hampton Creek’s Just Mayo brand which you can get at most grocery stores or on Amazon. There are other brands, but the second runner up for me is Follow Your Heart’s Original Vegenaise. Both are really good brands, so you can’t go wrong with either of them. This recipe will literally take less than 10 minutes to prepare. So, let’s get started. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1.5 cups your choice of mayo
- 1/4 of non-dairy milk (I prefer Almond)
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional but it does help preserve the dressing longer)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Here is what you will do with them:
- Mix together in a bowl, KitchenAid, food processor, blender, or Nutri-bullet (basically whatever you have that will mix things).
- Pour into a mason jar and cap.
- Store in the refrigerator. You want the ingredients to come together. I would suggest storing overnight. You can totally use it right after making though. But be warned, you can tell the difference in taste if it’s stored at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Use within one week.
This is the base recipe for the dressing. You can totally make this your own recipe. Once you get accustomed to making it, you can switch up the ingredients. Add more dill if you like dill. Add less garlic if you are not a fan of garlic. Perhaps add avocado. I like adding turmeric to my dressing. Play with this recipe. Just remember you may need to add a little more milk just in case your dressing becomes a little too thick for your liking. Add a little at a time until you have the consistency you want.
You can also make this a dairy based recipe as well. Whole milk and buttermilk work just as well. You can even use your favorite dairy based mayo along with almond milk. The best part about this recipe is that it is totally interchangeable.
So, there you have it. Simple, easy and so delicious. Let the dipping party begin! Sooooo…..what are some extras that you plan on adding? I need ideas!